Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Abstracts




Abstracts

This morning I started a NEW Abstracts Album in which I will share photos I classify as abstract. These photos are not really minimalist but do not fit into any of the other categories of photos that I have online. When I first started taking photos back in the 60s and 70s, I used to shoot many photos that I considered abstract. 

If you are interested here is one definition of Abstract Photography from Wikipedia - Abstract photography, sometimes called non-objective, experimental or conceptual photography, is a means of depicting a visual image that does not have an immediate association with the object world and that has been created through the use of photographic equipment, processes or materials. An abstract photograph may isolate a fragment of a natural scene in order to remove its inherent context from the viewer, it may be purposely staged to create a seemingly unreal appearance from real objects, or it may involve the use of color, light, shadow, texture, shape and/or form to convey a feeling, sensation or impression. The image may be produced using traditional photographic equipment like a camera, darkroom or computer, or it may be created without using a camera by directly manipulating film, paper or other photographic media, including digital presentations.

 Below are links to both of my Abstract albums:

Feel Free to Share!


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...