Monday, May 16, 2022









Squirrel Feeder

If you are wondering about the feeder with a bottle, it is an experiment and I agreed to try it out. I wanted something that I could put peanuts in and the blue jays couldn't take them. The squirrels love peanuts too, but unless a squirrel takes one from you, blue jays will take them. They will even take one from my hand before the squirrel if given a chance.  We feed the blue jays peanuts but want the squirrel to get some too. So, a neighbour built it so it could be attached to the tree. The bottle can be filled with peanuts and there is a hole for the squirrel to climb through and access the peanuts. 

I wasn't sure how long it would be before a squirrel found it, and to my surprise, a squirrel was taking nuts from it within a couple of hours. I usually fill the bottle once a day, and at least one squirrel loves it. 

Now, the blue jays wait for a squirrel to take a peanut, then it follows it. Blue jays are smart enough to watch what the squirrel does with it and take it if given the opportunity. One squirrel likes to eat the peanuts at the source and I took a few photos of it there.

Feel free to Share!

 

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...