Friday, September 17, 2021

Bison










Bison

I have photographed bison on a farm in Saskatchewan and in the Calgary Zoo. The ones on the farm were taken in 2003 and each animal is tagged.  I assume the farmers know where each individual ended up.  It was May when I was at the Calgary Zoo and the huge animals were shedding their winter coats.

Bison are beautiful animals and I am amazed that settlers nearly wiped them out back in the early days of the mass immigration of people from Europe. Luckily, they were saved from extinction!

I have created an album and will add to it for a few days:  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=kbrucelanetravel&set=a.1888169918022634

 Feel Free to Share!

 

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...