Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Kenneth Campbell Lane






Kenneth Campbell Lane

Though my uncle Kenneth was killed 6 years before I was born, it seems like I have known him my entire life.  Mt grandparents and the rest of my Dad's family always "Remembered" him, especially on Remembrance Days and Memorial Days.  I remember attending services at the Cenotaph in Grand Falls every year.  Since I have been old enough to go on my own, I have attended, and photographed, Remembrance Day Ceremonies and today, I shared on Facebook many albums of photos I have taken over the years.

Unfortunately, because of the worldwide pandemic, ceremonies have been cancelled today.  But, the heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom will never be forgotten!

The top photo was given to my by my father and I converted to b & w.  My cousin sent the last 4 photos to me yesterday, which prompted mt to share them on this important day.  

Thanks to Uncle Ken and ALL soldiers who fought for our freedom.


 

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...