Thursday, May 09, 2019

Poor Fish, but Lucky Anhinga!












Poor Fish, but Lucky Anhinga!

My email server has been offline for 6 days and I can not send or receive emails on blane@lanephotography.com.  I continued my St. Mary's series on this Blog.  I had planned on starting another community on the Irish Loop, however, until I get my email sorted out, I will share a few photos of birds.

I was driving a golf cart near a pond and stopped to photograph an American anhinga with lunch. I used my 18-200 mm lens at maximum zoom to show how the anhinga tries to swallow a fish.  It tosses it continuously until it lands just right.  Then it uses muscles in its throat to swallow it. 

Once I photographed one from the time it popped out of the water until it swallowed the fish.  It took 16 minutes.  Then the anhinga typically spreads its wings and dries off before going back for another fish.

Feel free to share with family and friends.



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:



No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...