Thursday, December 15, 2022

Potatoes








Potatoes

I have grown potatoes every year since I moved into my house 15 years ago. I started off wit 13 raised beds and grew a number of vegetables including: potatoes, carrots, turnip, beets, broccoli, cucumber, zucchini, onions, and strawberries. As I got older and found weeding hard on my back. I gradually reduced the number of beds. Now, I have 7 raised beds for veggies and usually grow 5 beds of potatoes, 1 carrot, 1 beets, 1 turnip. I used the last of the carrots a couple of weeks ago, I still have some small potatoes left, I bottled the beets that were left after a moose got into them, and there are still a couple of turnip in the ground. The fresh vegetables in the fall make all the work worth it!

I enjoy working in the gardens and last year experimented with a few onions and garlic, both of which grew well. 

If you would like to follow my Potatoes Album on Facebook, you can follow it here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3338574522837341&type=3.

Feel Free to Share!




 

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...