Thursday, August 27, 2020

Red-breasted Nuthatches









Red-breasted Nuthatches

I have been observing these beautiful little birds for quite a while.  They are so fast and move around so much that it is difficult to capture them.  I tried with my 300mm lens, but by the time I found them in my viewfinder, they were on the move.  I decided to stand by the tree they were on and, like most birds, they got used to me fairly quickly.  I used my 18-200 mm lens and was able to find them using the wide angle, then zoom quickly to focus on them.  I still had lots of photos without birds, but I managed to get a few.

I'll add these and others to my Nuthatches album over the next couple of days.

Feel free to share! 


You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook:

 

 

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...