Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Compost







Compost

This morning I landed on Compost and I considered changing it.  However, after thinking about it, I decided to share anyway.  I've had a compost heap since 1974 when I lived in Grand Falls.  To be honest, it didn't work well there because I was a "newbie".  When I moved to Holyrood, starting a compost pile was one of the first things I did.  

Over the years, I got better at creating good compost.  These days, I have a "system" and each spring I sift the stuff in my compost pile and use it in my gardens.  One year I ended up with 75 wheelbarrows of sifted compost.  I now have 2 piles of sifted compost:  one with about 40 wheelbarrows that is 2+ years old and the other with 20 wheelbarrows of this year's stuff!

If you don't have a compost bin (or pile) I recommend getting one.  It is amazing how much is produced from kitchen scraps and bits of plant waste.  

If you would like to know more about my "system", let me know.

Feel free to share with family and friends.


No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...