Sunday, May 20, 2018

Blue Jay










Blue Jay

There is a family of blue jays living around my house.  Since last summer, five of them visit most days.  A couple of times there have been many more, but the ones living here usually drive them away.

These jays are a lot more skittish than the gray jays that live around here as well.  However, I am attempting to get them to be less fearful of us.  I've been putting out food and standing around waiting for them to come for it.  Most times the gray jays will take it and the blue jays will follow them.  However, there is one that seems to be less afraid.  It will fly in if I am standing there (around 10 ft away) and take the food.  Then I stay in the same spot but move the food a little closer.  I am hoping that it will get more used to me.

Feel free to share with family and friends.



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...