Thursday, August 24, 2017

Great Blue Heron























Great Blue Heron

The great blue heron is the largest bird that I have photographed in Florida.  One evening, as the sun sank lower in the sky, one of these large birds landed in the trees on a small island in Bonita Springs and was lit by the soft, reddish light of the setting sun.  I made several photos, including a few where it ruffled its feathers to intimidate a much smaller bird that landed nearby.


I shared a few of these images in 2015, but decided to share the whole sequence again in a larger format.

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...