Wednesday, November 14, 2007

House

As most of you know, I enjoy photographing houses, especially older houses that have been abandoned. There is one house in a nearby community that I have photographed several times in the 25 years that I have been living on the Avalon Peninsula.

The first photo was taken in 2004 and you can see that the house is in a sad state of disrepair. Last summer, I drove by and just had to stop and get a photo of the same house after someone had restored it. Quite often, the older houses have deteriorated or been torn down when I revisit them, however, this particular house was given a new life.

As I drive around communities on the Avalon, I notice that more and more houses are being fixed up. I am not sure if this is because outsiders are purchasing and restoring them, or if there is more money around because of the number of workers who work in Alberta and maintain a residence in Newfoundland and Labrador.

If you wish to see other photos of houses go to:
http://www.lanephotography.com/houses/houses.htm
http://www.cdli.ca/~blane/culture1.htm



1 comment:

bearkat said...

bruce..nasturtiams..are so pretty...liked the houses too...this made me think of the houses one used to order from the catalouge!!!....sorry...typonese tonight!!!

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...