Friday, April 24, 2009

Flowers 3






A variety of flower photos for you to enjoy this morning. The red flower with another tiny white flower growing in the centre has intrigued me for several years - a flower within a flower. These are difficult to photograph in bright sunlight because the red gets washed out most of the time. However, I used my close-up lens attachment on a 28-80 zoom lens to get a nice macro shot of the flower.

The red and pink flowers really attracted my attention and I photographed it from the road because I didn't feel comfortable walking on people's property. I used my 70-300 mm lens to make this image. I used the same lens to photograph the pink flowers with water droplets.

Flowers have such a variety of colours that I enjoy photographing them wherever I go. I don't have a book for identifying cultivated flowers so I can't tell you what they are. The blue flowers from a couple of days ago have been identified as plumbago.





1 comment:

homegrownsongwritersalabama said...

Exquisite! Flowers in pinks and reds are my favorites. Your work is good for the soul. Thank you for so generously sharing with us.

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...