Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Jug and Basin

Thanks for the comments on yesterday's photos of the wagon wheel. They inspired me to choose another object and send in colour and b&w.

The jug and basin belonged to my mother and we had it placed in a prominent place in our house. Of course, I photographed it several times since we obtained it.

Like the wheel photos I sent yesterday, the b&w gives an impression to the viewer that it is from a different time, whereas the colour looks more "modern". Many people preferred the colour photo yesterday, but they admitted that the b&w evoked different reactions when viewing the images.

I normally wouldn't use two of these images together (unless I was using them as an effect by dissolving from b&w to colour) but it is interesting to see your reactions. Comments welcome.






No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...