Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sunrise





Sunrise

Thanks for the comments on yesterday's sunset photos and for those of you who congratulated us on becoming grandparents for the second time.

This morning I am sharing images of a sunrise taken a few days ago. When I looked out and saw the beautiful colours I walked into my back yard and made a few images. I shot wide, medium and close views of this particular sunrise. The first view shows the forest directly behind my house. The little bit of snow on the bog is all but gone now. You can see by the photos I've shared that my house is surrounded by forest. That makes it difficult to photograph sunsets and sunrises without trees in the scene. When the trees are dominant, like in the second photo, I focus on a branch near the brightest part of the scene. This helps make sure that the trees are in focus and the camera reads the colours correctly.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...