Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sunrise












Sunrise

The early morning light of the rising sun reflected off the clouds creating a variety of golds and oranges. Silhouetted by the bright light, trees and branches stood strong against the colourful sky. These were the conditions during the first visible sunrise I witnessed during this trip to Florida. Here in Holyrood I don't get to see many sunrises because I am surrounded by hills and trees and normally don't see the sun until it is higher in the sky.

On my recent photo expedition I photographed most sunrises missing only a few when it was too cloudy or foggy. The last morning of the trip I was joined by 20 people who also wanted to experience the sunrise. Several people were making images that morning even though I had been alone most other mornings. Of course, I'll share other sunrise photos during this series.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

4 comments:

tru said...

Beautiful sunrise shots! We're heading to Florida on March 26th. for 8 days and I plan on capturing one of those sunsets myself. Now the only problem is getting up before sunrise!

tru said...

Hi Bruce, thanks for the great sunrise photo's... John and I are planning on visiting Florida for 8 days on Mar. 26th. I'm definitely getting out of bed early enough to capture one of these beauties myself!! - I think..!

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

I guess you are getting anxious ... you'll be in the heat in no time. You should get up early on your first day. If you see a beautiful sunrise that day, you may be motivated to get up early every morning.

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...