Monday, November 22, 2010

Seascapes 9





In 1982 I took a ride on a sailboat and was amazed at how quiet it was - just the sound of the wind flapping the sails - and how well they could steer, even when going into the wind. I still make photos of sailboats every chance I get and the first image this morning is one of them.

The second image was taken in Little Catalina on a beautiful calm day a few years ago. I heard that Hurricane Igor destroyed some of the old stages in this scenic town but I am not sure if this was one of them.

Cape Spear is a great place to photograph seascapes in any season. In winter, be prepared for cold winds and lots of spray from the ocean.

All Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows and/orwallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...