Friday, November 12, 2010

Moose






A couple of mornings ago I saw a young bull moose in our yard, not too far from our house. Of course, I had to take a few photos before the moose disappeared into the forest. You can tell it is a young moose because of its small antlers. I think it may be last year's calf, quite possibly the one that was hanging around here with its mother until she drove it away earlier this spring.

This young moose looks very healthy except for an injury on its forehead. At first I thought it was caused by a bullet, but when I zoomed in, it looks more like the fur and skin had been torn off and is now healing.

I am not certain this is the same young bull, but if it is, I am glad it has survived the hunting season around here so far. The season doesn't close until early January.



No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...