Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hands





Another theme I have been enjoying shooting for years is Hands. All of today's images were scanned from slides and converted to black and white later.

It was thirty-five years ago when I photographed my oldest son's tiny hands on his first day home. I used a close-up lens which gave the whole photo a soft focus effect except for the tips of his fingers and his thumb. I have always liked this image.

I was photographing a historic home in Harbour Grace when the owner came out and invited me inside. After a tour of the old stone home, she offered me a cup of tea. and I made a few photos of her hands holding a china cup as we sat in her back yard.

A fisherman repairing a net in Point Leamington caught my attention and I stopped to make a few photos of him. Today's photo, taken in the mid-seventies shows his hands as he worked.

My second son was riding his toy horse and one of the photos I took of him was his hands as he held on. The last photo was taken in a school gym and was taken for a slide show I was producing in the early 80s. The purpose was to show good sportsmanship in school sports and physical education activities.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...