Sunday, November 14, 2010

Seascapes 1





For the next few days I plan to share photos of Seascapes. With over 29 000 km of shoreline, Newfoundland and Labrador is a seascape photographers' paradise! You will notice that I have chosen photos of the coastline whether it be sandy beaches or steep rocky cliffs.

The kayaker in the first photo must have had a good view of the steep cliffs on an island near Witless Bay. While a kayak seems like a good way to travel, I can't see myself taking along all my camera gear. I know a few kayakers who take waterproof digital cameras with them on their travels.

A calm, foggy morning in Triton-Card's Harbour in Green Bay was good for making photos. I returned to the same spot a couple of hours later and photographed the same scenes with a bright sun and blue sky.

A fishing stage in Robert's Arm, also in Green Bay, was interesting enough to make a photograph, but a few kids playing nearby added interest to the scene. I remember hanging out and playing for hours around fishing stages in communities our family visited when I was a young boy!

Sandy Cove Beach is a long sandy beach located in Bonavista Bay. It wasn't very busy when I photographed it in the early morning light. I have been here when it was very crowded, but will have to wait until I scan the slides from that trip.

I photographed my footprints in the sand of Salmon Cove Beach in Conception Bay. I made several images as the water crept towards my footprints and started to erase the evidence that I had walked there.

The sea is pretty calm in today's images, but, as you can imagine, there are many days that the water isn't quite as calm as depicted today.

No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...