Sunday, November 07, 2010

200 - 10






Like many of you, I've enjoyed the 200 theme and will always be more aware of large numbers of subjects in a single image. I have been scanning slides over the past couple of days and came across many more photos that fits this theme.

The first photo this morning shows interesting shapes and textures in the siding of a house in Chapel's Cove, Conception Bay. I have photographed this house several times over the years and I like the design of the siding.

I stopped to photograph an iceberg in Bristol's Hope, Conception Bay and a flock of seagulls took off, getting in the way of the iceberg. I liked the interesting lighting in the scene and made a few photos before they disappeared. As you can see, it was a dull day, but the sun must have broken through the clouds just as I took the photo.

The third image is a close up of someone's hair and I guess, unless you are bald, most of us have well over 200 hairs on our heads - even me, who is getting balder by the day. ;)

I had several photos of fall leaves for this theme but chose to share the bright yellow maple leaves in Bowring Park which is located in St. John's.

A month or so ago I shared photos of fruits and vegetables taken in a farmer's market in Nova Scotia and I felt the the last photo showing the red and green tomatoes fit the 200 theme.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can you post a photo of the complete house in Chapel's Cove which shows the shingle pattern in context of the whole.

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...