Sunday, January 20, 2013

Santorini, Greece 2















 Santorini, Greece 2

The first 9 photos that I`ve uploaded this morning were taken with the Nikon point and shoot camera, and the remaining were taken with my Canon DSLR. For those of you who are interested, all other photos in the rest of this series were taken with the Canon.

As I made these photographs, I couldn`t help comparing where the people live with where I live in Holyrood. My back yard is the forest and I could walk for days, have bonfires (like I did yesterday), observe wildlife, and enjoy the peace and quiet that nature has to offer. People living in Oia are living on the crater of an active volcano, have no yards, and little privacy.

As you can easily see in the first photo, the houses are literally built on top of each other. Our guide mentioned that some of the homes are dug right into the volcanic rock, which tends to be fairly soft there. The pink chair really stood out among the predominantly white and blue colours in this interesting place. I uploaded 4 different views of this chair to my Blog.

Newfoundland and Labrador
Link of the Day





Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...