Saturday, January 12, 2013

Athens / Acropolis 5












Athens / Acropolis 5

I checked my watch to make sure I got back to the bus on time and realized I had to rush. Of course, with people coming and going, I couldn't get past the crowd so I took a few final photos as I stood in line to get through the exit. I made it back with just 2 minutes to spare.

If you look at the photos you will see that one of the pieces in a column is smaller than those above it and looks rather unstable. As I photographed the last columns I wondered how they made the ridges. Did they chisel out the large pieces of stone?

This is the last in my Athens/Acropolis Series for now.

Newfoundland and Labrador
Link of the Day






No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...