Thursday, January 10, 2013

Athens / Acropolis 3
















Athens / Acropolis 3

As I walked around the Acropolis making photographs I tried to shoot some scenes without people in them, however, that wan nearly next to impossible because of the large numbers of people. After a while, I gave up and intentionally shot scenes with people in them.

I walked around the Parthenon and was surprised that few people were there, especially considering that there was no scaffolding and I was almost able to hide the cranes behind the huge columns.

There were many people around the Erechtheus, but I waited and waited for a chance to photograph it without anyone. When there were only 2 individuals, I made a photo. There were other groups headed toward me and I realized that was the best I would get.

I explored some of the large pieces of marble columns and photographed some of the writing that had been chiselled into them 2500 years ago. I have no idea what the writing means, but it certainly lasted a long time. I wonder how long our paper and electronic communications will last.

Newfoundland and Labrador
Link of the Day



Photos of the Day are for sale as:


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...