Sunday, April 07, 2013

Viking Trail - Houses & Buildings 2










Viking Trail - Houses & Buildings 2

The large, dilapidated house in the third photo was photographed as we drove along the main highway on the Great Northern Peninsula. When we drove by six years later I looked for it, but since I didn't see it, there is a possibility that it may be gone now. As you can see, it was very big, almost twice as large as the typical old houses I photograph, and must have been home for quite a large family.

The red shed in the other photos was still in great shape, unlike a few others I've uploaded this morning. I liked the large pot that was in front. I remember barrels full of cod liver oil on fishing stages when I was a young boy, but I am not certain what this would have been used for.

After the launch of my new Moose page last night, I created a Siberian Tiger Gallery. I made the photos through a glass wall at the Calgary Zoo in May of 2010. I have started updating my Animals pages and will let you know as each one is complete. You can view the photos of the tiger at: http://www.lanephotography.com/animals/siberian-tiger/siberian_tiger.htm


Photos of the Day are for sale as:

1 comment:

William F Matthews said...

Cod liver oil was bottled, and I recall getting a bottle at school.... Terrible taste!
I find that old houses/sheds/boats are great to photograph when the detail of pealing paint or wood grain shows up in the picture.
Siberian Tiger: Lovely big pussy cat!

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...