Sunday, June 18, 2017

The Matthew 14, Placentia, 1997




















The Matthew 14, Placentia, 1997

When The Matthew sailed into Placentia, I was there to capture the arrival.  I made photos during the official ceremonies and went back to photograph it as it left the following day.  Today I have uploaded photos of The Matthew as it sailed away from Placentia. 

The Matthew was built in Bristol, England for the Cabot 500 Celebration and sailed across the North Atlantic to arrive in Bonavista on June 24, 500 years after John Cabot's discovery of the island of Newfoundland; 

I have been uploading photos I took of the ship and the people who came out to see it.  I hope you have enjoyed the images after 20 years.


Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.




Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...