Tuesday, April 09, 2013

L'Anse aux Meadows










L'Anse aux Meadows

Since starting the Viking Trail Series, I have also updated my L'Anse aux Meadows web sites. The original site had photos from 2004 and now I have added the images from 2010. I was interested in the changes to the Viking Village replica and you can now view them for yourselves. For the next three days I plan to share images from 2004 and provide the links to the new and old pages. I've already shared photos from the 2010 trip here and on my Bog starting August 9, 2010.

I have a page called Artifacts, but I think the objects in today's photos as well as those on my site are replicas, not originals from when the Vikings lived on the tip of the Great Northern Peninsula over 1000 years ago. However, it was still interesting to see how those hardy people lived during the time they stayed there.
If you are interested you may find it interesting to view the different objects that were there during my two visits.

Artifacts - 2004
http://www.lanephotography.com/lanse-aux-meadows/artifacts/lanse-aux-meadows-artifacts.htm

Artifacts - 2010
http://www.lanephotography.com/lanse-aux-meadows/artifacts/lanse-aux-meadows-artifacts-2.htm


Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...