Saturday, April 27, 2013

Peter's River





Peter's River

Peter's River is located on the southeastern Avalon. This community is near the barrens where I photographed caribou many times. Once, a resident (thanks Dave) "guided" me to the full herd, which at that time numbered close to 6 000 animals. Today it is much, much less - maybe less than 300 animals. Wildlife biologists are studying the cause of the rapid decline.

I updated my Peter's River Gallery and you can view the 22 photos at: http://www.lanephotography.com/irish_loop/peters_river/peters_river.htm

Feel free to share this link with your friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...