Friday, July 01, 2011

Barcelona 6 - La Pedrera










Barcelona 6 - La Pedrera

Today's photos show the ventilation towers on the roof of La Pedrera. I had seen a few images of these abstract structures on the Internet before visiting Barcelona, but I didn't realize there were so many of them or the variety of shapes. You can get a sense of their size when you see a person in the first photo. There were a lot of people on the roof while we were there, but I tried to make most photos without people in them. Of course, I also included people in a few.

Yesterday I commented on the interesting shape of the building, but I found the roof to be even more interesting and photogenic. Some of the towers reminded me of heads with helmets similar to those worn by knights in days of old. Others looked like giant chess pieces. They were built 100 years ago and show how the architect loved to design structures with curved shapes. I saw similar shapes in figures of Romans carved into a church designed by Gaudi (photos to follow in a few days).

All photos taken in Barcelona were taken with the new camera (Nikon Coolpix P500) I purchased especially for Barcelona, and I was a little nervous about relying on it. However, up to this point in my trip, other than the longer time it took to compose each photo and the poor viewfinder compared with my DSLR, the photos seemed to be good. It was only after I returned home that I could see them on my computer. I did take along a laptop computer and downloaded photos on a daily basis, but I normally don't edit photos using the lower quality monitor on that machine However, it ensured I had a backup of all photos. :)

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...