Thursday, May 06, 2010

Lunenburg 3



I've received several emails from people who informed me that Lunenburg is one of their favourite places to visit in Nova Scotia. I really enjoyed my visits there, but also like Mahone Bay and Blue Rocks, both of which are bordering the town of Lunenburg. I shared photos of Mahone Bay from August 27-August31, 2009 if you would like to check them out on my Blog - Photo of the Day Blog. I have shared photos of Blue Rocks, but it must have been before I started my Blog in 2006, because a search failed to show photos of that community. I guess that will be a future series. :)

 
As I walked along the streets of Lunenbug looking for photos, I made images of many windows and doors, a few clotheslines, and even a few signs. I liked the windows in the first two images; the white with red really stood out and the plates in the windows of the Spinnaker Inn also attracted my attention. The Full sign hung on the bottom of the Maplebird House B&B spoke volumes about the vacancy rate in Lunenburg that summer - everything was Full. I believe we got the last room in town that night.

As you can see, there were lots of other photographic subjects along my walks through the streets of Lunenburg.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...