Thursday, May 20, 2010

Gorillas 2






I had moved on from the apes' enclosure, but saw one of the apes heading towards a window in a dark room. I went back because I knew I could make a photo or two without too many reflections on the glass. I saw the young girl looking through the glass at the approaching ape and since I knew I wouldn't have time to change lenses, backed up to get a photo before the ape passed by. It later sat down next to a ball and started beating it like a drum.

When photographing subjects through a glass enclosure, I try to get as close to the glass as possible to avoid getting reflections.


No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...