Monday, May 24, 2010

Sheep







There are many places on the island where one will find sheep grazing on the cliffs overlooking the North Atlantic Ocean. Today's photographs were taken in Upper Island Cove, Conception Bay.

While I was making the photographs I thought that these particular animals looked very healthy and could be a particular breed of sheep. I know Newfoundland and Labrador has its own unique specie of sheep, but have no idea if these animals are that particular specie or not.

These animals were grazing in a fenced area, but they had lots of space to move about. I liked the views with Conception Bay in the background because I normally associate sheep with farms rather than the ocean.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...