Thursday, February 11, 2010

C - Clotheslines 2






Thanks for the comments on yesterday's photos of clotheslines. Today I am sharing more images of this topic. The first photo was taken on the tip of the Great Northern Peninsula. As you can see, there are no trees to slow the wind. I imagine the clothes dry quickly there when there is a nice breeze. The other photos show typical outport scenes with clotheslines in the foreground.

Here are a few comments from yesterday:

I took lots of photos of clotheslines when I was visiting Newfoundland. We have an ordinance in our neighborhood that restricts clotheslines. Otherwise, I would have one because the clothes smell so much fresher when hung outside in the fresh air - especially sheets and towels.

... whimsical yet so personal!

Thanks for sending these shots....I can almost feel the breeze and the sunshine on my face. And 'it feels so good'.

I still hang some small items on my clothesline now ! I always loved to do that, it was a natural thing to do I guess, our mothers and grandmothers, etc have done it for years and years :o) . I use my dryer when necessary...Your photos brightened my morning to see clothes blowing especially especially near the ocean.. .and an iceberg in the background ! what could be better ! :o)

There's nothing as heart-warming to see a load of clothes blowing in the wind !

Thank God for clothes dryers. Too many stains in my underwear to have drying in public.

WE HAD 14 KIDS NO ELEC BACK ON THE FARM HUNG ALL OUR CLOTHES OUT ON THE LINE....WHEN MY CHILDREN WERE YOUNG ONE OF MY DAUGHTERS GAL FRIENDS SAID SHE LOVED TO STAY OVERNIGHT AS SHE LOVED THE SMELL OF THE BED SHEETS AND PILLOW CASES......I STILL HANG SHEETS AND A FEW CLOTHES OUT IN THE GOOD WEATHER...SURE MADE THEM SMELL GOOD...



1 comment:

bearkat said...

Yes, quite enjoyed the clothesline pics. Mom used to hang her clothing out after us older kids had left home. My former neighbors did and if they had been away, I always knew they were back when I saw clothes hanging out!! It is very true, they do smell so much fresher after being hung out! Have a great day!

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...