Saturday, January 23, 2010

R - Random Passage






Some of you may have seen the television series "Random Passage" which was based on the novel by Bernice Morgan from St. John's. The series was shot near Trinity and the set has been preserved as a tourist attraction. When I visited this site in the summer of 2007 it was like walking back in time.

Imagine living in this tiny village hundreds of years ago: no electricity, no stores, no modern conveniences at all! They had to grow enough vegetables and pick enough berries to last through the winter. I assume they were able to kill animals for meat and, of course, fish was very plentiful. Still, food was scarce at times I suspect.

The scenes today look quiet and peaceful, but I wouldn't want to be living in these shelters during a harsh winter storm with winds howling and snow drifting through the community when the temperatures were below zero. I didn't see R-20 insulation in any of the small buildings, only moss between the logs, so I imagine it got pretty cold at times.

I know I have shared photos of Random Passage before and I apologize if I have sent the same photos again. After sending photos for seven years, I will probably send duplicates from time-to-time without even realizing it.

More photos of Random Passage can be found at: http://www.lanephotography.com/random_passage/random_passage.htm




No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...