Wednesday, January 13, 2010

H - Hant's Harbour






Hant's Harbour is located in Trinity Bay and my visit there on a fairly overcast day in the summer of 2003 was the first time I had photographed the scenic community. When I visit a community I look for interesting scenes, houses, fishing stages, boats, people and animals. When I looked through my files I discovered that I only took 65 photos during my visit. When I thought about it, I realized that these photos were taken around 5:30 in the afternoon after a FULL day of photographing the Baccalieu Trail. I can only assume that I was running low on space on my memory cards, battery power or physical energy. In any event, the next time I go there I will probably make more images.

The fishing stages in the first image are part of a fishing museum, which was closed by the time I got there. The boat in the second image interested me because it was fairly far from the ocean. I wondered what the wood across the gunnels was for, but never figured it out. The grass growing on the relatively new slipway, the boat and lobster pots that were stored there indicated that it wasn't used too much at that time.


No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...