Saturday, January 09, 2010

D - Droghedea






Droghedea Historical Farmhouse is located in Clarke's Beach, Conception Bay. The house itself was built in 1838 and is full of antiques. The day I visited, I was the only person there and photographed many items without having to worry about being in people's way as I set up my tripod and moved from room to room.

I spent a little more than an hour in the house and made over 300 images. I used a tripod and flash for some of the images, but most were taken hand-held without a flash and ISO set to 1600. For some of the images I bounced the flash off the ceiling which produces a photo without harsh shadows caused by shooting the flash directly at the subject.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...