Tuesday, November 03, 2009

To the Mountain







The first photo today was taken just after I walked across the bog depicted in yesterday's photos. Large boulders like this were dropped when glaciers melted around 10 000 years ago. The little rock on top looks like it was probably put there by another hiker - but it has been there a long time.

The second image shows the peak - a narrow, rounded knob just meters away. When I reached the top I placed my walking stick (which I had used for three years but broke that day about two-thirds of the way to the top) in the pile of rocks that I add to each time I visit. You are probably thinking that there should be more rocks in the pile, but the wind, which gets pretty strong up there, blows them down between trips.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your photo's are amazing. I especially love the photo's of these hills behind your home. I look at the hills every day as they are across the road from our house, but I've only hiked there once, about 20 years ago. I've gotta' go there again... and soon. After seeing Mark's comment yesterday, I know there is a trail, I just have to find it!!

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...