Saturday, November 07, 2009

To the Mountain 10






This is the last post in the Hike to the Mountain Series. All photos over the past 10 days were taken on a hike to the Inside Hawke Hills on July 10, 2009. I wanted to share these photos for two reasons: to show people what I see on my hikes, and to show you that it is possible to find photographs every time I walk into the forest.

On my way back home that day, I photographed plants along the trails. The first photo shows a pitcher plant in full bloom - I really liked the deep red colour of the petals. The small pinkish flowers of the dragon's mouth plant caught my attention. They grow in boggy areas and I usually get wet when trying to photograph them. The lily pad floating on the calm water of a small pond looked like a green heart. I really like the shapes and textures in this image.


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...