Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunrise





Today I have chosen photos taken in the fall of 1979 during an early morning trip down the Bay d'Espoir highway in Central Newfoundland. It was such a beautiful sunrise I sat and enjoyed the peace and quiet for quite a while. Looking at the photos brings back vivid memories of that morning.

I was experimenting with a cross star filter which creates exaggerated rays of light. You will see that by turning the filter, you change the angle of the rays of light. I positioned the camera so the early morning sun was a point of light behind a tree. The third image shows a double cross that was caused because there was a reflection of the sun in the water. I lost the filter, along with all my other equipment when my car was broken into in the early 90s. Because I seldom used used the cross star filter, I didn't purchase another when I replaced my equipment.



No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...