Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Those Who Remember






Today's photos were taken at the War Memorial on Remembrance Day 2001 in St. John's. I took over 400 photos during the ceremony and managed to photograph most, if not all veterans on parade. The men depicted are probably veterans of WWII.

I chose Those Who Remember as the title because the veterans have real memories of war. I also photograph the civilians who attend the ceremonies and, while they don't remember the battles, they take time to remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, as well as those who survived, for giving up so much so we could be free. The veteran shown in the title image is Bill Lewis from Holyrood, who passed two years ago on the eve of Remembrance Day.

I have a couple of veterans sites on line at: http://www.lanephotography.com/people/people.htm

As well, students at Mary Queen of Peace have a site dedicated to our veterans: http://www.mqp.k12.nf.ca/legion/





No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...