Sunday, November 22, 2009

Boreal Chickadee






Based upon the responses I received yesterday, it seems that the photos of the sparrow evoked interesting memories and thoughts. As a result, I am sharing images of another small bird, a boreal chickadee, that were taken in August 2007.

I may have misled you yesterday when I said I don't see many birds in the forest. I see and hear lots, but they don't come close enough for me to photograph them. On the other hand, numerous species hang out around my bird feeder during the winter. I didn't think we had boreal chickadees around this area until I photographed the ones you see in today's images. Now I see them fairly often.

For the next few days, I will not be sending out my Photo of the Day. I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning and will be in hospital for 3 - 7 days.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...