Monday, January 31, 2011

Rattling Brook - 1973





Today's photos were taken in Rattling Brook, Green Bay in 1973, less than 3 years after I purchased my first 35 mm camera. My first teaching assignment was in King's Point and students from Rattling Brook, the next town also attended the school. I often drove to Rattling Brook to make photographs.

The first photo was taken on a cold morning in mid-winter. The last two photos were taken from the top of the hills in the background. A couple of Grade 8 students took me up there with the purpose of making photographs. It was quite a hike up the side of the mountain, but the view was certainly worth it and reminded me of aerial views from a helicopter.

While reviewing the slides I made while up there, I realized that I had only taken a few photos. Too bad I didn't have a digital camera in those days.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

2 comments:

Daphne Wheeler said...

The first picture is of my family home where I grew up. My mother still lives there today. My grandparents' house is the one behind. It has since been sold.

You and Barbara (Mr. and Mrs. Lane) were two of my teachers in high school. I can appreciate now how simple life was then.

These pictures were taken the year before I left home, to move to Ontario. They evoke many memories. Thank you for posting them.

Daphne Burt Wheeler

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

Thanks Daphne,
I appreciate your comments and the information about the houses in the photo.

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...