Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Flatrock - 1981






Many of you are enjoying the current series showing thirty year old scenes of Communities along the East Coast Trail. For me, they are bringing back memories of my first photo shoots in these towns and letting me see what subjects caught my attention when I was 32 years old, younger than both my kids are now!

I think anyone who knows the town of Flatrock will see differences in this scenic village today when compared to this morning's photographs. The first image shows a couple of cows in a non-traditional pasture - a rocky, hilly area of the town. The trees will certainly have grown so one may never see this view again. The second is a wide view taken from the top of the hill looking out over the harbour. I believe there are more houses on the opposite side of the harbour now than in 1981. The third image shows a few small fishing boats moored in the wide harbour.

If you know someone from Flatrock, feel free to forward the photos to them.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...