Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bauline








This morning I chose a few photos of the Town of Bauline on the Avalon Peninsula. All photos were taken on the same summer day in 1981. This was the first time I ever visited this tiny town and was amazed at the steep hills and wondered if they had problems getting out of the town in winter.

The first photo shows the graveyard and church with steep cliffs in the background. The second photo shows a view of one of the roads, which weren't paved when the photo was taken. The last photo shows an old fishing stage that was still being used at the time. I think the stage has been gone for quite some time.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...