Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brigus South





As promised, today I am starting a series of photos I took in the early 80s. In fact, this morning I am sharing two photos of the same approximate area; one taken in 1981 (second photo)and the other in 2001 (third photo). See if you can spot any differences. It looks like the church and a house or two may be gone, or at least changed a lot. The style of boats is also different. If anyone knows if and when the church was taken down, let me know. I have uploaded a photo of the church to my Blog this morning.

The third photo shows a wooden walkway leading to a few fishing stages along the beach. These structures no longer exist, nor did they when I photographed the town again in 2001. I am just sorry I didn't take more photos back then. I have uploaded a few of those I took to: http://www.lanephotography.com/irish_loop/brigus_south/brigus_south.htm.

As I travelled around making photos of communities, boats, old houses and buildings, I knew the images would be more valuable over time. The photos today show how much things have changed in this community.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...