Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sunsets






I am not certain how many of you take the time to watch and photograph sunsets and sunrises, but I would recommend that you watch as many as possible, preferably outdoors and close to nature. It is a time of beauty, peace and quiet and the colours of the sky are always interesting.

The three photos this morning were taken on different evenings and the colours of the sky in each is different. The first photo shows the bright sun in an orange sky. I included the trees because I felt it made the image stronger. This photo was taken on a hazy summer evening and the sun was not as bright as normal so I could look directly at it.

The second image was taken just as the sun started to disappear below the horizon. The sun is much higher in the sky in the third image so I waited until it peeked through a break in the clouds. When the sun is high in the sky it is still very bright so you shouldn't look directly at it. Clouds make interesting shapes, textures and colours as the sun sets.

No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...