Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hawke Hills 4




Today I am sharing more flowers that I photographed in the Hawke Hills Ecological Reserve in June 2006.

The small white flowers in the first photo were tiny and damp making them difficult to identify.

The pink flowers are sheep laurel which is also known as lambkill because if young lambs eat it, they may get sick and/or die. These plants were about 6 inches high, whereas the ones that grow close to my home are 2 - 3 feet high. I assume they are dwarfed because of the harsh climate.


The last photo shows Wild Lily of the Valley, also known as Canada Mayflower. The photos were taken in mid-June.


No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...