Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Hibiscus






Guesses are pouring in and only one person got it exactly right and several are really close. I will wait until tomorrow to give you the answer. Keep trying.!! :)

It is 10°C (50°F) here this morning and the temperature is expected to go up to 14°C (58°F) today. Just about all the snow has melted and it's beginning to look like spring here in Holyrood. Of course, we always get a snow storm or two in March and April, so we don't want to get too optimistic. :)

I chose to share photos of flowers again today because it is so spring like here. I believe the flowers are hibiscus which were photographed in Florida several years ago. I was trying to capture the reproductive parts of the flower. In the second photo I moved in very close. You'll notice that there is a very shallow depth of focus in the image.




No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...