Friday, October 19, 2012

Barcelona 10











Barcelona 10

The Barcelona Cathedral is huge and has many side chapels and rooms on the floor beneath.. The first photo shows a small stained-glass window that looks down upon a meeting room of some sort. When I moved to the next window and there were people, I thought it would be good to show them so you can compare the height of the window with the person. Just as I took the photo, the lady in brown decided to move. Because it was dark in the church, the shutter speed was slow causing the person to be completely out of focus because of her movement. When I viewed the image on my computer, I decided to keep the image because it looked almost ghost-like - especially in such an old building! A colleague once joked that if she takes a photo and the subjects are out of focus, it is just a blurry picture and she deletes it. But, when I take one like that, it's creative. She is right, sometimes an image that is out of focus CAN be creative ... it depends on how you see the final image.

I really liked the statue of Christ's burial by Josep Llimona and am sharing two images of it taken from different angles on my Blog this morning.

I have also updated my Barcelona Cathedral Gallery which now has more than 60 images, at: http://www.lanephotography.com/places/Barcelona/Gotic_Quarter/Cathedral/Barcelona_Cathedral.htm

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...