Saturday, June 30, 2012

Snowy Owls







Snowy Owls

For the next few days I plan to share photos of Animals of Newfoundland and Labrador taken in the Salmonier Nature Park, located on the Salmonier Line between Holyrood and Mount Carmel. People often go there during the hotter days of summer and do not see the animals and are disappointed. The photos in this Series were taken during a trip through the park in early September, 2006.

On my most recent trip last Saturday, we saw one snowy owl hidden under a stump, but on previous trips there were more than one bird and they were out in the open.  Snowy owls live in northern Canada. In this province they are more common in Labrador, but do come as far south as the island of Newfoundland. I have seen them near St. John's on more than one occasion.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...