Friday, June 01, 2012

Icebergs 13











Icebergs 13

Today I have uploaded another 10 images of the continuously melting iceberg that became grounded near Spaniard's Bay. They include close views of the interesting shapes of the ice - Nature's Sculptures. Apparently the blue veins, that were evident in other images of this berg that I've been sharing over the past week or so and is obvious in the fifth image, were formed when melt water flowed into cracks in the glacier then re-froze. It is a different colour because the rest of the ice is actually compressed snow not frozen water.

I've decided to finish this series on Sunday, then move on. Of course, I'll return to iceberg images again later. One person suggested saving a few for the "hot" days of summer.

I am not sure if you are all aware, but in 2005 my son, Mark and I created a DVD entitled Icebergs. You can find more information at: http://www.lanephotography.com/photo_products/photo_products_02.htm.
SPECIAL: The regular price for this DVD is $24.95 + s & h, but during this Iceberg Series you can purchase it at 50% off - That's just $12.95 + s & h.  
 Photos of the Day are for sale as:
 

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...